Thursday 27 March 2014

Thursday’s Things – Food, Fitness and Fashion

things header

Adidas meets The Farm Company: EIEIO!

When shopping, two things are certain to set my spending control spiralling south.

The first, sportswear. It is my absolute vice, I cannot get enough. The more different and daring, the better.

The second, floral prints. From cropped trousers and camis, to dresses and bikinis, I’m DFP (down for prints).

So imagine my utter glee at the news of Adidas partnering with a Brazillian fashion label called The Farm Company, whose mouth-watering tropical prints look good enough to eat.

The result is a juicy collection of Adidas’s traditional garments given a sumptuous twist, with the famous three stripes and logo set against bold fabrics of fruity, floral and fauna designs. 

Shell suits look set for a fabulous come back – bring it on!

I love the shorts, I love the crops. Come next week I’ll hit the shops. Electric blue, pink and teal. It’s good enough to make you squeal!

Here’s hoping we see some blindingly bold bikinis soon too...

There are four vibrant prints to choose from across apparel and accessories available at Adidas outlets nationwide from 1st April.


Courtesy of Adidas and The Farm Company

FitBit Flex: Tech-ing note of your fitness

According to a recent study in America, 69% of the US population tracks their health and fitness stats in some capacity.

It may be by using an app of some kind or the notepad function on their phone, some even put pen to paper and jot their findings in a notebook (I know - retro!) and the rest just keep a - probably quite inaccurate - tally in their head.

I fall into the first category, religiously recording my WODs and weights on my iPhone.

I rarely look back at them to be honest, but I know they’re there. When I do refer back, it’s always great to see how far I’ve come – heavier lifts, bigger reps, basically just better.

The SleepTime app is also one of my favourite personal data trackers. For some reason, being awarded a percentage for the quality of my sleep is something exciting to look forward to in the morning.

I even feel competitive when I compare against other people – bizarre!

There is a point to all this.

If you’re a gadget fan or follower of tech in anyway, you will know that ‘wearable technology’ is all the rage; one of the biggest trends to come out of CES this year.

One such gadget I have my eye on is the FitBit Flex. The wrist band looks rather cool and comes in a variety of funky colours, tracking both your daily activity and nightly sleep quality.

It allows you to set goals which you keep tabs on via the lights on the wristband itself, so you know if you need to get up and out to meet the bar set for calorie burning that day.

It also syncs wirelessly with all your devises, creating your own personal dashboard to gain insight into your stats and progress. Geektastic!

http://www.fitbit.com 

fitbit-flex-xl

Courtesy of  FitBit

Valleau Apparel – Sports bras you want to wear

I’m a fan of finding cool new brands and products, and funding them on Kickstarter if I can.

So imagine my sheer disappointment when I missed out on funding Valleau Apparel’s first crowd funding foray last autumn... by just a day!

Created by a Californian called Katie, the collection of workout tops offer something different. Us ladies out there know that sports bras aren’t always the most sightly, which is understandable as they often have to prioritise structure over style to ensure we’re supported in the best way possible.

Valleau Apparel’s range offers bright colours and the unique back shapes ensure you’ll look great whatever angle. They come with a variety of support levels as per most sports bras; from the light support Mermaid bra, to the Sea Breeze and Signature for more intense work outs.

Whether they are supportive enough is yet to be determined, but I’m definitely going to give them a try.

http://www.valleauapparel.com

val together


Courtesy of Valleau Apparel


Bounce Bars – A cute and tasty boost

These scrummy little natural energy balls are my latest love – the Peanut Protein Ball and the Coconut & Macadamia Protein Ball are must haves for the transfer journey between work and the gym, when you need a little boost without the bloat.

Delicious little bites of energy, the balls are gluten free and high in protein so great mini post-gym recovery snacks too.

Buy them online, at many supermarkets and health food stores nationwide.

https://www.bouncefoods.com

Bounce together

Courtesy of Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment